Hogsthorpe Primary Academy was built in 1857 to serve the local community of Hogsthorpe. Our school is set on the edge of the village and adjoins the village playing field and Village Hall. We cater for children from the ages of 4 to 11 and, at present, have around 70 children on roll.
Hogsthorpe became an academy in September 2012 and is now part of the David Ross Education Trust. For more information please visit www.dret.co.uk .
Hogsthorpe Primary Academy is proud to have a new building that offers so much to the children and their learning experiences. Our four classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards, laptops and iPads, so all of our children can get to grips with the use of current technology in the modern world.
There is also a new dining area and hall that offers an excellent space for assemblies, sports and much more.
We want to offer our children an excellent education and we can achieve this with our latest renovation.
- We have high expectations of all pupils.
- Pupils are encouraged to take responsibility and to show initiative.
- Pupils’ progress is monitored and regular feedback is given so that they have
- opportunity to realise their full potential
- High personal, social and moral behaviour is encouraged at all times
- The school provides a secure family atmosphere.
- The staff has a good understanding of the needs of the pupils.
- The staff works co-operatively towards shared goals.
- Classes are well managed with high quality teaching and learning.
Parents / Carers and Community
- There are strong home/school links.
- The role of the parent/carer in the education of their child is understood and valued.
- Parent/carers encourage a high standard of achievement.
- The local community is actively involved in school life.
Through innovative teaching we:
- Challenge to achieve
- Enrich lives
- Inspire awe and a passion for learning
- Provide opportunities to explore.
Throughout your child’s education we will keep you up to date and informed of progress and development but it is important to remember that you are welcome to see us at any time, particularly if you have any concerns or worries. We see the education of every child as being very much a partnership between home and school so it is important to have good communication between teachers and parents.
Our mission is ....
.... to enable all children to become successful learners.
The staff of Hogsthorpe attaches a high priority to fostering links between the school, the home and the community. We seek to produce caring, well-educated, well-behaved and law-abiding citizens who show respect for others, for other people’s property, and for the environment and our heritage.