Hogsthorpe Primary Academy was built in 1857 to serve the local community of Hogsthorpe.
We are a small rural primary school on the edge of Hogsthorpe village, around 7 miles outside of Skegness. Everything we do is based on educating our children’s hearts and minds.
Hogsthorpe Primary Academy provides a continuous learning journey from children from four to eleven years old. As a result of our high expectations and strong curriculum, our children make at least good progress from their starting points and achieve well. Our key stage 2 results are well above national standards.
We deliver a knowledge rich curriculum, which is underpinned by important skills learnt in English and maths. We make learning interesting and fun, and our children enjoy school.
- We have high expectations of all pupils.
- Pupils are encouraged to take responsibility and to show initiative.
- Pupils’ progress is monitored and regular feedback is given so that they have
- opportunity to realise their full potential
- High personal, social and moral behaviour is encouraged at all times
- The school provides a secure family atmosphere.
- The staff has a good understanding of the needs of the pupils.
- The staff works co-operatively towards shared goals.
- Classes are well managed with high quality teaching and learning.
Parents / Carers and Community
- There are strong home/school links.
- The role of the parent/carer in the education of their child is understood and valued.
- Parent/carers encourage a high standard of achievement.
- The local community is actively involved in school life.
Through innovative teaching we:
- Challenge to achieve
- Enrich lives
- Inspire awe and a passion for learning
- Provide opportunities to explore.
Throughout your child’s education, we will keep you up to date and informed of progress and development but it is important to remember that you are welcome to see us at any time, particularly if you have any concerns or worries. We see the education of every child as being very much a partnership between home and school so it is important to have good communication between teachers and parents.
to enable all children to become successful learners
The staff of Hogsthorpe attaches a high priority to fostering links between the school, the home and the community.
We seek to produce caring, well-educated, well-behaved and law-abiding citizens who show respect for others, for other people’s property, and for the environment and our heritage.
Support Team (ID 1128)
Miss Allison HartSenior Administrator / Pastoral Team
Miss Allison Hart
Miss Porsha SykesPastoral Team
Miss Porsha Sykes
Mr Alex GreenPE Support/Coach
Mr Alex Green
Classes (ID 1129)
Teaching Assistants (ID 1130)
Lunchtime Supervisors (ID 1131)