The Government provides academies and schools with additional funding to help reduce inequalities and gaps in attainment between those students who are on free school meals (FSM) and their peers.
This funding is called the Pupil Premium.
Hogsthorpe Primary is committed to ‘diminishing the difference’ between vulnerable pupils and their peers.
It is the responsibility of the Governors to explain pupil premium expenditure to parents/carers in the form of an annual statement.
Parents and carers will be able to obtain information on pupil premium via the school’s website. This will be updated annually.
- We will ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all pupils.
- We will ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups. This specifically includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we will recognise that not all pupils who are eligible for free school meals, (or have been eligible in the last 6 years) are socially disadvantaged.
- We will also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils that the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil Premium funding will be allocated on an ongoing basis after termly analysis which will identify priority classes and groups.